Monday, September 17, 2012

the Wicked Witch of the East set

A new set!
I have made a new lingerie set using the very last leftovers from Craig's hoodie; a lovely soft grey-and-black pinstriped cotton jersey originally from Spotlight.  The bra pattern is KwikSew 3300 (my review of this pattern here) and the undies are McCalls 2772... surprise! my old favourites.  The bikini pattern pieces are starting to get a tad fragile now and I really should trace them off; they have yet to see a lot more use  :)
I used black underwear elastic, and a black bra closure to match.  The liners were cut from an old Tshirt.  Recycling, y'know! (pats self smugly on back)
When I had finished sewing the set I pondered what to use for decoration; anything black would disappear into the fabric, likewise something grey.  Frilly bits and bobs seemed unsuited to the utilitarian no-nonsense vibe of striped cotton jersey.  I doubtfully plucked these cute little red buttons from my stash and held them against the set.  These had been salvaged from off an old pair of PJ's.  Once they were there, on; they immediately brought to my mind the Wicked Witch of the East, from the Wizard of Oz.  You know, the sister of the Wicked Witch of the West, on whose head Dorothy's house dropped from the sky?
Hehehe....  I reckon she would have worn a set just like this, don't you?!

20 comments:

  1. The red buttons set these off perfectly! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Making bras is still in the too hard basket for me, but you've got me considering making some undies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buttons really make it extra special! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't imagine where you were coming up with your title, til I got to the photo...cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job again! He,he it´s funny the things we link our proyects to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! So impressed by how you make such good use of your scraps. And just in time for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute set. I like your wicked witch likeness but you could also liken it to hamburgler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice set - bra making does become addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. Every time you post a set it makes me want to get a bra pattern. They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're fabulous and I love the name you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely! You do such a great job on your sets! ... ummm well and everything else you sew :O)

    ReplyDelete