Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Indestructible Dress

Me-Made-March, Day 9
Today involved a visit to the vet, which required grappling with and stuffing two cats into one cat box, very much against their will, and a dog on her lead who was so excited at thinking she was having a walkies today with the pussycats in tow she wanted to drag me off at twice her normal speed.  And that is quite quite fast...
So I chose the Indestructible Dress, in anticipation.
So, this dress has been seen here before, I made it about five or six years ago.  I've even contemplated tossing it out a few times, through sheer boredom with wearing it.  But when something is this cool, and this practical, and this indestructible, and always turns up out of the wash looking as pristine and white-as-white as the day its fabric came home from the fabric shop, oh yeah, and no ironing required...  I think maybe it's earned permanent hanger space.


Details:
Dress; Burda 8511, with fitting modifications and zip moved to left side seam so as to interfere as little as possible with the border print.  Made out of some sort of synthetic stuff.
Thongs; Mountain Designs
Nail Varnish; (appropriately named, given my morning's activites, no?) Glamourpuss, BYS

11 comments:

  1. the bright red toenails make a nice accessory. I have a dress like this...black with flowers blooming along the hem. have not yet worn it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I can only imagine stuffing two cats into a carrier and then being dragged by an eager dog.

    This dress is so cute and pristine - it doesn't look 5 or 6 years old! It must be very useful in your summer climate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your dress! Your cat story made me laugh as I have never had anything but screaming kids in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your dress. I am a sucker for border prints. I am amazed that your Indestructible Dress is white! You wrestled two cats into a crate and made a trip to the vet in this delicate looking, white dress. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely even if it is indestructible.

    I'm amazed you're not covered in scratches and blood the way I am when I have to get the cat into her cat box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, like Karin said, I'm surprised your Indestructible Dress is white, too! The sheath dress is a classic for a reason and it looks new and so flattering on you! That's a total keeper.

    Glad your arms are still in their sockets. Being pulled by the pup is a great upper body workout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that your dress is that old! It looks so pretty and pristine, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crazy for shift dresses, I live in during summer. and always looking for a good border print, which is not so easy to find. If you get tired of that dress please send it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is lovely! Your cat story made me laugh...i think Fee would be the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh, nice easy one piece dressing is a good thing to have sometimes. I am quite amused by the visual picture you painted for me -- he he! Indestructible can also be good too. And no ironing?? for sure you can find lots of ways to wear it :) I like the border pattern against the all-over white. It looks like a breath of cool air.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love this dress...the fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete