Sunday, September 19, 2010

Domestic diva III

This is an all-new outfit for today; another pair of corduroy jeans, these in my new favourite neutral, greige.  These are made using Burda 7863 again, fitted to me, with a zip placket and coin pocket added, and flared out from knee to ankle by about ten centimetres overall circumference wider than the pattern.  To line the waistband and pocket I used the very last of the leftover fabric from Sam's shirt.   (and thanks, for your kind words of comfort about Sam being away, he will be back in a few weeks!)
The T-shirt is made from the leftovers of my Jailbreak dress, my own design, drafted roughly from T-shirts I already have.  I wanted to have the neck, sleeve and hemline binding stripes lined up perpendicularly to the body of the T-shirt; the only difficulty to achieving this effect was that the jersey fabric had no stretch in this direction.  However I managed to make it work; the bands fit nicely over my wrist but don't contract snugly over my arms like a stretch would, c'est la vie...
The scarf is merely a strip of leftover fabric from my greige top with half-raglan sleeves, seen worn together like this it can be seen the new pants are going to be a perfect match for that top... yay for mono-tonal dressing!  According to my latest Vogue, mono-tonal is in in in!!  Along with the sailor-striped top... nice to know I'm looking sort of  "in" when just doing the housework, no?!
The socks are handknit by me also...
In blogger news, Trudy, of Sewing with Trudy, has awarded me with a Beautiful Blogger award, thankyou so much Trudy! Trudy always takes the time to leave a kind and thoughtful comment on my blog, and she has been so sweet and supportive of me!  I have received this award before so I am, however, thinking of you when I say I won't try to think of yet another ten things about me (truly I'm not very interesting!), but if you wish to read the 10 things I wrote about before then you can click on the Beautiful Blogger button in my sidebar.


Details:
Jeans; Burda 7863 with a few modifications, greige corduroy
Top; my own design, striped jersey knit
Scarf; strip of greige jersey knit
Socks; handknit using Noro Kureyon sock yarn and Koigu sock yarn

16 comments:

  1. Great fit on the cords!! The striped tee is terrific too. (a little alliteration)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, these photos are cracking me up. Another great outfit! I need to make more jeans too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart for doing the housework! I must admit I do not wear sequins and fur whilst doing the laundry, obviously I need to lift my game.
    Fabulous fit on the jeans, and the t is clever - love the trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo gave me a good chuckle! You look fabulous doing your housework. And why shouldn't you? ;)

    www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cords are awesome! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house must get very clean with all these photoshoots ;-)

    Those trousers look great, what a perfect fit. And I love the striped shirt. I have been wanting to make a triped shirt for ages now, but never got around to doing it. I promise myself now that it will be one of the first things I will be making. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That is the coolest picture. I started cracking up the second I got on your blog. I love that picture. That one should be framed - seriously. You are just too funny.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again. You are very welcome for the award. You deserve it. You do such a great job with your blog. You make me laugh, and you are an inspiration in how to do dress with style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta outfit and love the Domestic Diva pose :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pants!!! I'm new to your blog and just so happened to stumble on it! I love your work and look forward to following along with you. ~Victoria
    tenthousandsewinghours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, looooove the pants. I must learn to make pants! those are fantastic.

    Your first picture made me laugh outloud. Hope your day was full of smiles too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute photo. Its a simple thing, but I love the edging on the tshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cords are a great fit, so professional. I particularly like the T and the way you have done the edge stripes the opposite direction. The scarf finishes it all off very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgot to say how much I liked the photo with the duster too

    ReplyDelete
  15. wouaaah ! I love it, and also the photo, so nice and funny, good idea ))

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a classic photo makes me laugh everytime ( in a good way) im glad you got around to doing this domestic shoots i was really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete