Friday, June 4, 2010

Hot pink and khaki in the bush...

I knitted this mossy green scarf about eight years ago.  It was a wool kit from Ivy and Maude, composed of an eclectic range of different yarns.  Perfect for keeping the neck warm on a winter weekend away at my parent’s house in the country…
Blog innovation alert!...  Since my husband, who always sources the best gifts ever!, gave me a new camera (thus this blog...) my interest in photography has increased exponentially.  So from now on I’ve decided to put a random picture into my posts of interesting sights that catch my eye that day, to make a hopefully interesting and artistic  addition from the ever-present sewing and fashion pictures… hope you enjoy!  For today it is a picture of my parent’s and their neighbour’s letterboxes.  It tickles me how these rough and rustic boxes are just propped in a haphazard way alongside the road, looking like junk but serving a practical and vital service.

Details:
Scarf; knitted by me, various yarns from Ivy and Maude
Top and cardigan; Metalicus
Jeans; Burda 7863, khaki stretch gabardine
Boots; Andrea and Joen, from Uggies in Dunsborough


5 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I could make my own pants! Yours are so nice, esp. with those boots! I love the setting for the first picture. Did you do that yourself with a timer? I'm looking forward to your "random" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some nice looking pants! And the boots are SO hott, too. :)

    I'm digging the letterboxes, too. I wouldn't have guessed that they were for mail – they're so unlike what we have in the States. Thanks for the unique perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is boo - tee- ful. In a silly mood as you can see; but seriously, I love it. I also love the rustic setting you chose to model it in.

    I would have never guessed that those were letter boxes, or as we say the states, mail boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cool and interesting photos. LOVE your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one HOT possum.
    Great pics

    ReplyDelete