Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rescued from the clothing graveyard


Thursday, 15th October 2009
I made this one about 4 or 5 years ago, and it was a favourite for a whole summer. Then the weather turned cold, I got tired of it, and it was relegated to a plastic bag on the top shelf of the wardrobe. There it sat for a few years, coming out on rare occasions. In the biannual clean-out it was contemplated but always managed to stay, given that it was the first really creative thing I had attempted. It was made freehand, by just throwing together a mishmash of matching fabrics in a wild and crazy pattern with no real planning or forethought, although I was inspired by a very expensive Didier Parakian design I saw in a boutique. A zip was inserted, and the top was darted to fit around the waist. I attached a long white cheesecloth underskirt, for stability at the waist.
I love its hippy-dippy feel and always get compliments about it. So I guess it is here to stay. A good casual skirt for a coolish summer day, "coolish" as the aforementioned underskirt makes it quite warm.
Other details:
T-shirt; Country Road

No comments:

Post a Comment